Snapchat is a California-based image messaging and multimedia mobile application created by Stanford University students, Evan Spiegel, Bobby Murphy and Reggie Brown. Snapchat is available for free on iPhone and Android.
Creating a Snapchat Account
Setting up a Snapchat account is a fairly simple procedure and can be carried out in a few, short and easy steps which have been detailed below for your convenience:
- Download the Snapchat app from the App Store (for Apple) or Google Play Store (for Android). The app can be downloaded on smart phones. The app, however, may not work on iPad or on an Android tablet.
- Open Snapchat and tap “Sign Up”. Provide your details such as your email address, your birthday and create a password.
- In the next step, create a username which your friends will use to look you up on Snapchat and will be displayed in their contact list. A username cannot be changed later on so make sure to pick a unique one.
- Verify your phone number though you can skip this step for later
- Perform the security check by tapping the images that have a ghost in them. Tap “Continue” after you have successfully performed the security check.
- Snpachat will scan your contact list in order to suggest you people to add on your Snapchat. To add a person as a friend, simply tap on the person-with-a-plus icon to the right of the screen. Once that person accepts, you will be able to exchange pictures and videos.
Snapchat Login Procedure
The SnapCHat login procedure is fairly simple and can be carried out in a few, short and quick steps which have been detailed below for your convenience:
- Go to https://accounts.snapchat.com/accounts/login?continue=https%3A%2F%2Faccounts.snapchat.com%2Faccounts%2Fwelcome from your web browser. The link will direct you to the Snapchat login page or simply type words similar to “Snapchat login” on Google or any other search engine and click on the appropriate link
- After you have reached the Snapchat login page, enter your Snapchat login username and password in the fields provided
- Check the “I’m not a robot” option and click “LOG IN” to proceed
Recovering Forgotten Snapchat Login Password
In case you are unable to recall your Snapchat login password, follow the steps listed below to retrieve it:
- Go to https://accounts.snapchat.com/accounts/login?continue=https%3A%2F%2Faccounts.snapchat.com%2Faccounts%2Fwelcome from your web browser. The link will take you to the Snapchat login page.
- Click on the “Forgot your password?” option highlighted in blue, given underneath the login fields
- Enter the email address situated with your Snapchat account in the field provided, check the “I’m not a robot” option and click “SUBMIT”. An email will be sent to your inbox containing the password recovery instructions.